Learn. Reflect. Lead.

Learn. Reflect. Lead.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My #oneword 2014

After reading Learn. Lead. Sparkle's latest post I started thinking. Me thinking isn't always the best thing, it can keep me up at night. But, the idea of looking at a new year's resolution in one word just might be the trick for me. So what would my one word be?

To answer this question requires me to reflect on 2013, not the best year. I lost many friends this past year and lost one of the most influential men in my life, my father-in-law. So many losses can start to take a toll on you, your marriage, your profession, and really get you pondering the meaning of life. With all the sadness throughout the first 6 months of 2013, I found it difficult to always look on the bright side of things. Add this to the fact that I wasn't entirely happy with my work situation either. 

Like they say if you can't change the situation, then change your attitude, so my oneword is...


Image Credit
I will find joy in all that I do. In fact I'm taking it one step further. I plan to keep track of the joy I find by keeping a Joy Jar where I will write little notes of what brought me joy on what day. This way at the end of 2014, I will be able to look back to see how I kept my new year's resolution. And, if I know myself, there may be some post-its on my bathroom mirror reminding me everyday to find the joy. Joy in the big things like my family, my friends, my job, and in the small things like my drive to work, my purchases at Starbucks, etc. Finding joy in all that I do will have a ripple effect, an exponential impact on my life, something I greatly need.

Find joy in all that you do and resolve to find your #oneword.



1 comment:

  1. Here's to finding joy in the new year! Happy blogging! I can't wait to hear more :)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Learn. Reflect. Lead. by Trisha Sanchez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.